I purchased my only doll (Cupid from Ever After High) because I thought she was a cute character, I liked her pink hair, and I really want to try repainting. I found her for $10 on Amazon and then I proceeded to purchase my tools.
- Mr. Super Clear UV flat sealant – $18 on eBay
- Watercolor pencils – $30 from Michaels
- Chalk pastels -$9 from Michaels
- Gloss varnish – $10 at Michaels
- Various paint brushes
- White acrylic pint (had at home)
- Acetone – $2
This is her before:Mid repaint:The finished product:Sailor senshi of love!I’m not all together that happy with how she turned out. I think I did the best I physically could, but I will probably erase her face and start over. I learned a few things about myself in the process though!
- My hands shake. BAD. I’m not sure if it’s from the pressure or if I’m getting old.
- I am not an artist.
- I am overly optimistic about how much better I can do at this.
- Gloss varnish goes LAST.
I’m a little proud of how symmetrical I was able to draw her face. When I repaint her again, I will blog about it :3.