I spent the better part of Sunday repainting this doll’s face. I’m super happy with how she turned out! I planned out her face on a blank face chart and this time I tried to incorporate more acrylic paint. Here’s a few things I learned this time around:
- Spray the face a couple of times before getting to work. The pencils and paints adhere better this way.
- To get into the crevice for the lips, I dip a tiny brush into water and then into powder chalk pastel. It’s easier getting the watery pigment in there than pencil.
- Mix your acrylics with some water. It thins the paint a bit and helps it go on smoother
- Seal atleast twice when done with the repaint.
The one thing that irks me is that the Saran Wrap I had covering her hair actually covered a little bit of her forehead, so I can tell where the sealant stops. Oh well.
And here are the photos!
Before and after: Mid repaint: I used acrylic paint predominantly on the white parts of her eyes. The color pencils actually show up better on the white acrylic.
Pretty much done:
Boil wash and curl (sheet for modesty):
Completed Blondie (and a shot of her hair):