I went to my first Blythe meetup last weekend. It was held at a public park, filled with tourists, families, youths, and people on dates… And pulling out Finley was surprisingly easy! It did help that the other ladies there weren’t self conscious at all about displaying their beautiful custom dollies.
We managed to nab an empty table, and with our Blythe dolls laid out, we proceeded to talk about blythes for 2 straight hours. My coworker friend and I have never been to a Blythe meet, and we have never met a fellow Blythe doll enthusiast before that one day at work when I mentioned Blythe con.
I learned a few things during that meet!
- I don’t have that many dolls (to my family and friends who will probably never read this – So there!)
- I’m not alone (lol, I know I’m not alone. But I like knowing that Blythe lovers aren’t few and far between, because the only people I chat dolls with are states or countries away).
- I really like blythes on licca chan bodies! The Sweetiiger body is made of a harder, less pliable body than the stock body or the licca chan body. I liked how soft the licca chan hands are, and how willowy the body looks. I might put my new pink haired factory girl on a licca body ^^.
- It seems like a buyer’s market nowadays when it comes to custom dolls. I am diligently looking at Dolly Adoptions for an affordable Blythe customized by Forty Winks (I can dream), Chinalilly (again… I can dream), Babycatface (do want), or Chantilly Lace.
- And lastly off the top of my head – small children have no concept of personal space