I’m kind of obsessed with making puff stitches. Puff stitch, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- Puffs eat up a lot of yarn, which is awesome because I’m currently trying to work through my yarn stash. I’ve accumulated a ton of yarn since I picked up crocheting, and I’m on a low buy (was going to write “no-buy”… but who am I kidding?) for yarn skeins.
- They’re so darn cute! – I tried to explain why I thought they were cute, but I can’t seem to convey my feelings without reading as a huge weirdo.
- They add an interesting texture to the piece.
- I find these types of stitches less monotonous than simpler stitches. Also, I fall back on the puff stitch so often, that I’ve developed a rhythm to crocheting it.
- I also think they make anything look cozier or more luxe.
I think I’ll be adding some more puff stitch hats to my etsy shop.
😄 The green one looks like a Christmas tree! I got really excited when I thought of making the green hat at work. I’m not completely happy with how I’ve attached the star to the top of the pixie hat, so that one is joining my blythe hat collection. The yellow one is listed in my store.
My girls are becoming quite festive this holiday season with their winter themed hats.
Also, VERY EXCITING NEWS. Finley has been shipped, and she’s coming home after her makeover by Chantilly Lace. I can’t wait to share photos of her and re-bond with her (because to be completely honest, she looks like an entirely new blythe now).