I’ve learned that I value variety in my Blythe collection. It’s easier for me to justify adding a new blythe to the family if I don’t already own a similar doll. Also, it helps me keep my wishlist finite.
Here’s the line up right now (listed left to right):
- Finley – Cadence Majorette, RBL+, long white-blonde hair with straight across bangs and a center part. Chantilly Lace custom girl.
- Reese – Completely stock Wendy Weekender. FBL, medium length wavy mint blue hair with straight across bangs and a center part.
- Marina – Factory blythe, long wavy teal hair with straight across bangs and a center part. Project dollhouse custom girl.
- Rory – Factory blythe with Didee Eureka scalp, reddish brown curly hair with straight across bangs and a center part. Custom girl by me.
- Elowyn – Completely stock Cherie Babette. Translucent FBL, short dark brown hair with straight across bangs and a center part.
Here are some traits I’m hoping to add to my doll collection:
- Girl with no bangs – All my girls have straight across bangs!
- Girl with side part – All my girls have center parts 😦
- BL mold
- Hair Colors – Pink, Red, and Blonde/Ash Brown
- A girl with all special chips
Mondrian has been on my wishlist for quite a while, and she would knock off BL, no bangs, and blonde hair from my list.
Royal Soliloquy is also often on my wishlist, but she kind of floats on and off of it.
Her overall look is quite striking and very elegant… but sometimes I find this doll off-putting. RoSo would knock off red hair, all special chips, and no bangs from my list. I think it may be that the stark contrast between her hair, and her pale skin tone, as well as the bold coloring of her stock and her features makes her look a bit severe.
I’ve been splurging a bit on my hobbies, but I’ve been pretty good about not adding another blythe to my shelf. I think the next thing on my To-Do list will be to konmari my doll wardrobe.