So the new Pokemon Go app came out yesterday for iPhone and Android and I started playing this morning.
- I love this app just because it allows me to fulfill that dream I had when I was 11 to be a Pokemon trainer.
- It really motivates me to walk more in order to explore the map and encounter more Pokemon.
- The experience seems quite tailored to each individual since it uses GPS and the phone’s camera to lock onto nearby Pokemon and landmarks.
- The map isn’t very detailed… Think of google maps where you only really see where roads and bodies of water are.
- It burns through my phone’s battery really quickly 😦
- The whole point seems to be playing while on the move, but I can see how this could be potentially dangerous if the player isn’t as aware of their surroundings (hence that warning when you load the app).
- I wish there was more character customization.
- The use of the camera is a bit awkward. Picture me in the subway, spinning around like crazy with my phone trying to find something that isn’t actually there.
I’m going on a walk during lunch ^^.