Check it! I sewed my first thing in a long time (years even). I got two different types of fabric at Joanns – a fox printed cotton and a bright yellow canvas. I hand-sewed this (/struggle). Lol, it’s not that pretty, but I’m pleased I got it done in two days!
I’m excited to put my next knitting or crochet project in the bag. I even have some bit of fabric left over that I’m tempted to make into dolly clothing 😮 .
Happy Monday everyone!
I’m kind of terrible at sewing. I realize that it’s the most cost and time efficient way to clothe my dolls, instead of scouring Etsy and Ebay or commissioning someone to make me a specific outfit, but it’s simply not a life skill that I’m good at. It’s all those tiny stitches, and that stupidly small eye of the needle, and all those pieces of tiny fabric! /sewing rage.
I found this pattern for a felt cape, and I thought it looked simple enough. At least the felt wouldn’t start coming to pieces and fraying from my handling it. Also, I figured since felt is thicker, it would be easier for me to sew too. The cape itself is really cute, and so seasonally appropriate ^^.
So I pulled out my craft felt and then this happened for a few minutes:
She’s lucky she’s so darn cute. She can do no wrong.
And this is the finished cape:
XD It’s like one of those pinterest memes that end in “Nailed it!” The felt looks a little tortured, and my stitches are so uneven and crooked. … I’m not going to lie though, I’m kind of proud of this cape. It’s actually the first thing I’ve successfully sewed for my dolls. I think I’ll practice making it a few more times to see if I can’t get it to look nicer. I definitely don’t have that many coats in my doll wardrobe, and I like the wool coat look of this cape ^^.
Pattern: From Bees Knees Industries blog.