I’ve taken to sitting at Starbucks and killing time during lunch. My favorite thing to do is watch YouTube videos (thank you for the free Wi-Fi Starbucks), and decorating my Hobonichi with washi tape. It’s pretty soothing, and definitely stress relieving. Decorating with washi is a way for my brain to take a break from how angry my work makes me. /Angst
This Hi-Tec C Coleto PenIt’s replaced my very old multicolor pen from Muji. Jann of Project Dollhouse loves the pilot Hi-Tec C, and I knew I had to try it. I liked that I could pick the ink cartridge colors and size, and the pen case. I ordered the pink coleto with Black, Purple, Cherry Pink, Apple Green, and Aqua Blue ink, all in 0.3 mm. I’m a huge fan of the black, purple, and cherry pink. I probably could have done without the green and the blue. The Cherry Pink shade actually reminds me of a pen I had when I was either in elementary school or junior high school – it’s the same shade of this scented pen I had. Literally, when I look at my writing using the Cherry Pink ink, I can remember the odd artificial cherry/strawberry scented ink of my youth.
I’m not sure exactly how many hours I’ve logged on this PC game, but I’m near the end of my first winter. If you love Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, you will LOVE this game. It’s kind of a Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and dare I say an Animal Crossing hybrid. The graphics remind me of old PC games (think mid-90s) or Super Nintendo games. It doesn’t bother me much, because this sort of retro graphics has its own charm and it’s nostalgic. The game itself is immersive and full of surprises. Without spoiling too much, here are some pros and cons to the game so far:
- The accessible areas are huge. Way bigger than any harvest moon game maps.
- There is a ton of content and areas to unlock.
- There are a ton of cut scenes, not just limited to with the bachelors or bachelorettes. The characters each have depth and backstories. They have realistic problems, and to befriend them is to learn more about them.
- You’re limited to two gifts a week per person. (Huge plus). I hate having to make daily rounds to distribute gifts to all the townsfolk.
- Regardless of your gender, it looks like you can court any of the bachelors or bachelorettes.
- There are tons of quests and events
- It almost feels like an open-world game.
- Because the game is still fairly new, I’ve encountered some glitches. But I believe the game has continued to release updates to fix this.
- Fishing is the Worst. The absolute Worst.
Only two more days till the weekend!