Reading Jann’s post called “The Wishlist Overhaul” has prompted me to update my own list. Dolls are so uncomplicated (lol, well they should be. I guess in THEORY they’re uncomplicated), and I wanted to take some time off from thinking about real-life worries to think about how my wishlist might have changed.
I’ve been pretty happy with the number of Blythes I have on my shelf. I’ve been pretty good about keeping the number of Blythe girls at 5. I don’t think my Blythe wishlist has changed much. I still want a Slow Nimes, Royal Soliloquy, and a Mondrian, but I’m in no rush. It would also be nice to add a pastel pink haired girl to my shelf…
As for the other dolls on my shelf, I have 1 Licca chan, 1 Hujoo Nano Rabi, and 1 Hujoo Janus Gato (still in my closet with no faceup or anything :-/). I’m also expecting a 2nd Generation Repro Licca chan in the mail this week >_< . I couldn’t help myself – she was listed NRFB and at half the price I normally see this doll listed for.
From the ebay listing. Not my photo.
I’ve really been wanting a 1st generation Repro Licca chan, because I love the shape of their eyes (they’re almond shaped and very simple and clean). I was on the fence about buying this 2nd generation Repro, but I ended up caving. Not my photo, but I found a photo on Flickr showing three different types of Licca chan dolls (1st gen repro, 2nd gen repro, and current Licca chan model).
One day! I’ll add a 1st Generation Repro to my collection.
My desire for a Smart doll has kind of quelled, but I’m still waiting to see if I really want the 1/6 scale versions. Mirai and Chitose are quite cute, but I always find Eiji to be lacking in the non-stock photos. There’s something dead-eyed about his expression/features, and the stock wig doesn’t lay as flat as I think it should. I have hopes for the smaller scale dolls though! Since I’m quite at home in the 1/6 scale, maybe these doll’s features would appeal to me more miniaturized? I still want to at some point own a doll that looks like Marshall Lee and maybe Prince Gumball (what would their ship name be? Marshball? Princelee? Gumlee? Gumshall?) How weird would a Marshall x Marcelline pairing be? Marshalline? Don’t judge… every ship is a valid ship.
Now back to real life. I hope everyone is staying cool in this heat T_T.
It’s insane how quickly this year has passed, and that it’s already almost Christmas. My mom and sister, because of the influence of the Kdrama “Answer me 1988” (or “Reply 1988”), have decided that this year my family will be celebrating Christmas Secret Santa style. Now, I’ve only ever casually linked my sister to my blog once or twice, and never my parents (because they would flip if they saw how much I spent on my hobbies), so the chances of my secret Santa getting anything on the list below is slim to none.
It’s also really hard to convey that I would want a Blythe to family and friends!
- Unless the Blythe is a new release (more like, released-this-very-minute-purchased-by-preorder), the price tag is a bit much. Availability is also an issue.
- I can’t really expect my friends or family to join doll adoption/sales groups or communities, and stalk them for deals or sales posts for dolls on my wishlist.
- It’s hard to explain the value of Blythe dolls and specific releases to an outsider of the hobby.
- I don’t want to deal with any shaming from plebes.
On the offchance that any of my friends or family members do stumble onto my blog, here is my wishlist!
- Anything I’ve favorited on Etsy – My Etsy favorites list is pretty extensive. Whenever I have a bit of extra spending money, I like to browse my favorites and pick up a new dress or pair of shoes for my girls. An Etsy gift card would be really nice ^^.
- A Button Arcade dress – I really love the use of multiple fabrics and the small details added to this designer’s dresses. The signature pockets are so flipping adorable.
- A new scalp for Rory – I’m not entirely happy with how I cut Rory’s bob, and I’m not a huge fan of the highlighter orange and pink shade. I would love an alpaca reroot for her, or one of these beautiful scalps by AKA07Blythe.
- A Repro Licca chan
- Cat themed jewelry – sooo cuteeee
- Nice yarn – I would love some nice sock yarn or alpaca yarn ^^.
- A stock translucent Blythe with non-fantasy colored hair – I would really love Nostalgic Pop!
XD Am I missing anything important from my list? Is anyone expecting dolly things for the holiday season?
One of the first things I do when I wake up is check my email, instagram, flickr, and this blog. I like to know what’s going on with my sites, and if there’s anything new.
The bad thing about this is, that for most of my sites I am in one way or another subscribed to people who have awesome doll collections. 😦 I am currently surrounded by lemmings. I didn’t originally want the middie blythe Pixie Peaceful, and I actually wasn’t completely sold on middies until recently (the middies on All The Dolls’s blog helped convinced me that I needed one). HOWEVER, a number of the people I follow on instagram started posting photos of the doll out of the box. Pixie Peaceful’s pink eyelashes actually really work with her hair and face. She looks so unique!
I really want this middie, but in my head I can’t shake the thought that for just a bit more, I can purchase a Neo Blythe (I really, really, really want Spright Beauty. really.). My blythe collection is very modest (Finley is an only child), and I just finalized the adoption of a different middie (just paid :D) – an Oski Tebya Lublyu! I couldn’t pass her up when I saw the owner was selling her :D. When she comes in the mail, I’ll post a ton of photos ^^. I will also probably give her hair a dunk, and try to style her bangs so that they sweep sideways.
Behold, my middie wishlist: