I just finished crocheting a cardigan for my Ever After High doll that I would like to share!
The sweater looks pretty good on the doll… but not so much off the doll. I used a level 2 yarn (quite thin), and a size C crochet hook. The problem I’m finding with very fine yarn is that any gaps or loose stitches are really noticeable, and any yarn ends poking out after being weaved in look awful.
This sweater is a variation of the pattern found on Mamma That Makes blog. The original pattern was made for a Ken doll. I had to adjust the pattern to fit an Ever After High doll’s proportions, and also take into account the differences in the yarn and hook I used. I also kind of winged the collar.
Here are the basic adjustments I made:
Back of the Jacket –
Row 1: chain 16. HDC in 3rd stitch (14 HDC).
Row 4: chain 2, HDC in 6 stitches, HDC2Tog, HDC in 6 stitches.
After Row 5, I inserted an additional row of just HDC, then proceeded to Row 6.
Row 6: just insert the 2 decreases in a similar fashion.
Front of the Jacket –
Row 1: work an extra HDC at the end of this row (4 hdcs)
After Row 6, I inserted an additional row of just HDC (so 5 HDC), then proceed to Row 7
Arms – I wanted the sleeves to be long, so instead of working 7 rows, I worked 15. Also, instead of 12 SC, i worked 15 SC.
I’m going to try this pattern using SC only, as I think this will make the cardigan look neater. I also need some more EAH appropriate yarn colors! The olive green doesn’t really match Blondie.